T’s & C’s
The website allows a person (user) to place electronic orders for one or more products on offer provided such products are available.
A purchasing contract between the user and Compendium Educational Toys and Games cc shall be complete only once the user has placed an order, the payment has been made by the user, and said payment received and acknowledged by Compendium.
- Credit or Debit Card
- Credit or Debit Card on collection at our premises
- Cash on collection at our premises
- Cash deposit into our account – please be advised that the cash deposit fees will be for your account and need to be included in the payment.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
For payments from outside South Africa, please be advised that all bank charges are strictly for your account. Compendium Educational Toys and Games is not liable for bank charges incurred for international bank transfers.
Payments made after 1 pm will be allocated to the following working day.
Orders placed after hours, on weekends or public holidays will be processed the following business day.
Once you receive the Quotation and for the quote /pricing to remain valid, Compendium Educational Toys and Games needs to receive your payment within 30 days. If the order is not confirmed, or Compendium Educational Toys and Games does not receive your payment within the said period, we reserve the right to cancel your quote or revise the quote with updated prices. Please be advised that until payment is received, the stock remains strictly subject to availability.
Placing an item in your cart without processing the payment for the order will render the transaction invalid.
If you have any issues with payment, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orders for large volumes or items not currently in stock can be arranged. Please contact Compendium Educational Toys and Games via email on email@example.com
Please note that stock of all items remains strictly subject to availability until the Tax Invoice is issued.
Please be advised that all pricing is subject to fluctuation without prior notification owing to annual price increases, currency fluctuations and the like.
If it happens that Compendium Educational Toys and Games is unable to fulfil an order at the advertised price because the stock is sold out or unavailable, Compendium Educational Toys and Games will let you know and you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement or a credit note for the Rand value you have paid for such product.
Items on promotion, clearance or end-of-range are not eligible for return or exchange, therefore no refunds will be processed for these products unless the product is damaged/faulty.
Defective or Incorrect Items
If your product is defective, or you received the incorrect product, you may return it to Compendium Educational Toys and Games within 14 working days of delivery. In the case of defective or incorrect product, exchanges or replacements are the responsibility of Compendium Educational Toys and Games and the relevant supplier. Please notify us of the defective or incorrect product within 48 hours of receipt of the product – after which, Compendium Educational Toys and Games has the right to decline the return. The defective product may be repaired or replaced, or you will receive a refund.
Compendium Educational Toys and Games will pay for the collection charges of the item.
Cancellation Of Orders
You may cancel your order by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Before dispatch: Customers may cancel an order before it has been dispatched, provided that the items they are cancelling are not made to order or Compendium Educational Toys and Games has not placed and paid for a large order on their behalf.
After dispatch: Customers may cancel an order after it has been dispatched, provided that the items they are cancelling are not made to order or Compendium Educational Toys and Games has not placed and paid for a large order on their behalf. Cancellations requested after the order has been dispatched will be treated as a return. From the date of delivery, you have 14 working days to return items in your order for exchange or refund.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for whatever reason, you may return it to Compendium Educational Toys and Games within 14 working days of delivery. You will receive a refund for the cost of the item within 7 working days from the arrival of the goods at the Compendium Educational Toys and Games warehouse.
Products will not be eligible for return if they have been partially or entirely disassembled or physically altered.
Products removed from and returned without packaging will not be refunded as they are rendered as unsuitable for re-sale.
As a rule, refunds are offered via EFT payment and take up to 7 working days to process. Once processed, EFT refunds will take 2-3 working days to reflect in your account.
- Compendium Educational Toys and Games is an online retailer and delivers nationwide via The Courier Guy.
- Deliveries are sent to the address, not the person, so if the person is not available the order may be left with a person at that address e.g. security, staff, reception, etc. Delivery of goods shall be made to the customer at the place specified in the customer’s acceptance of order/ invoice or as agreed in writing between the parties.
- Delivery to farms or rural areas will incur surcharges.
- It is mandatory to leave a telephone or mobile number for the courier company to contact you during delivery hours.
- All orders are sent packed in boxes or flyer bags.
- The below categories are offered to you at checkout, based on your address.
- Free: Collection in Westville by arrangement
- Kwa- Zulu Natal Flat Rate: R115
- National Flat Rate: R145
- Outer lying Area/Farms: To be confirmed with a Courier Quote
- In the case where the incorrect delivery fee is selected on check-out Compendium Educational Toys and Games reserves the right to amend the delivery charge and ask for payment of the difference before dispatching. Compendium Educational Toys and Games reserves the right to hold any order that has the incorrect shipping charge selected.
- Delivery time is based on delivery address for each order from when proof payment is received, KZN 1-4 working days, National 3-5 working days,. Please note that actual delivery times may vary and are an estimation only.
- Should a package not be delivered through no fault of The Courier Guy (e.g. no-one on-premises/unable to answer calls/invalid or incomplete address), The Courier Guy will attempt a second delivery. If this is still unsuccessful, The Courier Guy will attempt to contact you via phone/mobile to arrange delivery. If The Courier Guy is unable to reach you, the order will be returned to our warehouse and then you will need to pay a second delivery fee to have the order dispatched.
- Delivery times can’t be guaranteed, but we will do our best to keep you informed if there are any delays.
Liability / Risk:
- Whilst every effort is made to pack your order carefully, Compendium Educational Toys and Games is not liable for any damages that may occur to goods in transit. Any losses / damages must be reported to Compendium Educational Toys and Games immediately, so that we can contact the courier company on your behalf and lodge a claim. Compendium Educational Toys and Games accepts no liability for any goods lost or damaged whilst in transit.
- Risk in respect of all goods (in terms of loss, damage, theft, etc) will pass to the customer at the time of dispatch from Compendium Educational Toys and Games’s Warehouse. In accordance with their conditions of carriage, The Courier Guy limits its liability up to R1000 per box (subject to amendment and its own Conditions of Carriage). It is vitally important that the customer checks the goods upon receipt, before signing for the delivery.
- Once stock availability has been confirmed and payment has been received, we will email the Tax Invoice to you.
- Your order will then be packed and dispatched via courier or made ready for collection.
- Please allow 1-2 working days from receipt of payment for orders to be made ready for dispatch. During peak times (Nov – Feb) please allow for an extra day for shipping
- For courier deliveries: A tracking code will be emailed once the order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
- For collection customers: You will receive an email to confirm the order is ready and then arrange a collection time suitable to both parties.
Compendium Educational Toys and Games reserves the right to limit or discontinue the functionality of the website. While we strive to be online continuously, we cannot exclude cases in which the web page may be unavailable. In rare cases, this may cause data loss resulting in your order being interrupted or lost. Compendium Educational Toys and Games cannot be held liable for cross-browser incompatibilities that cause checkout or payment failures. We recommend that you browse with Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
Termination of Suspected Fraudulent Orders
Compendium Educational Toys and Games reserves the right to cancel or refuse to fulfil any order that it suspects of being fraudulent. This includes but is not limited to instances of suspected stolen credit cards.
On occasion, Compendium Educational Toys and Games staff may request a copy of your official identification document or the front of your credit card to verify the transaction with the relevant bank. Compendium Educational Toys and Games may cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner (usually within 24 hours).
In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Compendium Educational Toys and Games’s website, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. Compendium Educational Toys and Games does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
Compendium Educational Toys and Games understands that privacy is important to you and is committed to taking all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of visitors to our website. (please refer to our POPI Policy)
Changes to these Terms & Conditions
Compendium Educational Toys and Games reserves the right to revise these terms from time to time. You will be required to accept the T’s & C’s every time you transact on our website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Protection of Personal Information
The relationship Compendium Educational Toys and Games has with its clients, employees and directors are based on mutual integrity and trust.
Compendium Educational Toys and Games is therefore committed to maintaining that trust by protecting the privacy of personal information disclosed and received from any data subject and/or data owner to the best of our ability.
Privacy & Protection of Personal Information
We understand that personal privacy is important to our clients and are therefore committed to taking all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of visitors to our website, through electronic communication and/or submitting personal information to our offices.
For purposes hereof, “Personal Information” shall be defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013.
This Policy applies to directors, key personnel, representatives and staff of Compendium Educational Toys and Games. Owners and Management are ultimately responsible for ensuring that information security is properly managed.
The Company and each employee, representative, associate of Compendium Educational Toys and Games resources is committed to the following principles:-
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information obtained is stored safely and securely
- Comply with all applicable regulatory requirements regarding the collection and processing of personal information.
- Processing Limitation
- To collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and to process personal information in a manner compatible with the purpose for which it was collected
- Limitation on further processing
- Personal Information will not be further processed in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was initially collected.
- Accuracy of Information
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is accurate and complete.
- If appropriate, it is also your responsibility to ensure that your personal information is kept up to date.
- We ensure technical and organisational measures to ensure the integrity of personal information, guarding against the risk of loss, damage or destruction thereof.
- Personal information is also protected against any unauthorised or unlawful access or processing.
- We are committed to ensuring that the information is only for the purpose for which it was originally obtained.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information obtained is stored safely and securely
You have the right to gain access to your personal information handled by Compendium Educational Toys and Games. If you would like to contact us about any matter related to privacy on information, our details are listed below:
Compendium Educational Toys and Games cc
62 Carlton Avenue
Durban, South Africa